Question Installing steam games and programs on a portable hard drive(or alternative)?

Jun 7, 2019
Please let me know if this is the wrong spot for this thread.
So at home i have terrible internet but I have lots of games I would like to install but it takes such a long time and slows my WiFi down a ton. I'm wondering if it's possible to buy some kind of portable hard drive where I can go to some other place(like my work) and install the games on that hard drive and then come home and transfer that stuff to my main desktop? If something like this or any other options are possible, please let me know. Thanks!

Most games typically recognize the files once you transfer them over, they may have to download a few files again.
Others will require a full reinstall, but thats much less common.

You should check with your employer or similar if that is allowed though, last thing you need is to lose your job over slow home internet.

Jun 7, 2019
Most games typically recognize the files once you transfer them over, they may have to download a few files again.
Others will require a full reinstall, but thats much less common.

You should check with your employer or similar if that is allowed though, last thing you need is to lose your job over slow home internet.
I play games on steam in my downtime at my work computer, but I will also ask just to be extra careful. Thanks for the help :)