Installing stock android 6.0 settings menu on a modified android device?

Amanyte

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
Hello.

So I have an android book note 10.3 device which has android 6.0. The problem is that the settings menu has litterally like 8 settings. That's it. To change the volume for notifications, I had to download an app. So I was wondering, how do I install the settings menu back? It is part of which apk package?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
most of the time you can get stock firmware for the device from the manufacturer. if not, then you'll have to check other places for firmware. usually this involves flashing the firmware after installing something like towelroot. a good resource for resources and instructions if available for your device is xda
https://www.xda-developers.com

these are the folks that make the tools and such so are a good place for info. check your device to see what is available. stock firmware would be best for the novice user but a modified one with no Gapps is smaller and faster.

Amanyte

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
:/ thing is, if I do that I lose all the customization for the e-ink screen or the power modes... :(

(i have the latest update from the manufacturer (6.0.1, kernel 3.10.0 jul 3 2018, build #2018-07-03_14-55_1.9.0_cd8c355), and "Onyx boox note 10.3" IS the model name and number. There is no model number like XTS-A35345 or whatever)