Installing third party applications in wnntsystem32 folder

Hi All,
Can I install any third party application in WNNT\System32
folder?
(Just like "Program Files" folder). Because any of my
installer,
prompt for selecting destination folder won't prevent me from
selecting "winnt\System32" folder.

I felt we should not install any third applications in
Winnt\System32
or any other operating system folders. Are there any
Guidelines from
Microsoft for doing such kind of folder selecting for
installing third
party applications?

Thanks in advance
Sudhakar

I suppose you can but not recommended.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Sudhakar Anivella" wrote:
| Hi All,
| Can I install any third party application in WNNT\System32
| folder?
| (Just like "Program Files" folder). Because any of my
| installer,
| prompt for selecting destination folder won't prevent me from
| selecting "winnt\System32" folder.
|
| I felt we should not install any third applications in
| Winnt\System32
| or any other operating system folders. Are there any
| Guidelines from
| Microsoft for doing such kind of folder selecting for
| installing third
| party applications?
|
| Thanks in advance
| Sudhakar

Hi,
Is there any standard from Microsoft that says "Yes"
or "No" for allowing third party application to install
their content in winnt\system32.
thanks,
Sudhakar.

newsgroup.
>Microsoft Certified Professional
>Microsoft MVP [Windows]
>http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>

>"Sudhakar Anivella" wrote:
>| Hi All,
>| Can I install any third party application in
WNNT\System32
>| folder?
>| (Just like "Program Files" folder). Because any of my
>| installer,
>| prompt for selecting destination folder won't prevent
me from
>| selecting "winnt\System32" folder.
>|
>| I felt we should not install any third applications in
>| Winnt\System32
>| or any other operating system folders. Are there any
>| Guidelines from
>| Microsoft for doing such kind of folder selecting for
>| installing third
>| party applications?
>|
>| Thanks in advance
>| Sudhakar