Installing two types of VPN Clients.

I have two VPN software applications, I can not have the two of them
installed at the same time, only individually, therefore uninstalling one,
and installing the other when needed.

Do you know of a way to setup it up under windows so that I can design
WinXP/2K to login with various userid’s so that one of the other software
package is loaded. Or do you know how to have two of the applications
installed (not running) at the same time.

On the USERID front, I would like to be able to:

1. At the login prompt have a USERID setup for VPN1 and one for VPN2.

2. If I select VPN1 userid once logged in, I would/could run the VPN client.

3. If I need the VPN2 client, I would just logout (not reboot) and login
with the VPN2 id

Installing the software on separate drives of the PC, I believe won’t work
due to the drivers and reg information stored by the two of them – therefore
I don’t know if have two applications together will work.

Make sense or clear as mud - J

Any thoughts, suggestions...

"msbutton27" <msbutton27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two VPN software applications, I can not have the two of them
> installed at the same time, only individually, therefore uninstalling one,
> and installing the other when needed.
>
> Do you know of a way to setup it up under windows so that I can design
> WinXP/2K to login with various userid's so that one of the other software
> package is loaded. Or do you know how to have two of the applications
> installed (not running) at the same time.
>
> On the USERID front, I would like to be able to:
>
> 1. At the login prompt have a USERID setup for VPN1 and one for VPN2.
>
> 2. If I select VPN1 userid once logged in, I would/could run the VPN
> client.
>
> 3. If I need the VPN2 client, I would just logout (not reboot) and login
> with the VPN2 id
>
> Installing the software on separate drives of the PC, I believe won't work
> due to the drivers and reg information stored by the two of them -
> therefore
> I don't know if have two applications together will work.
>
> Make sense or clear as mud - J
>
> Any thoughts, suggestions...

If the VPN programs won't tolerate each other's install, you could use
Virtual PC to use VPN1 in your base OS and VPN2 in a guest OS.

E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

I am actually using a Virtual PC as it is, for both of these - unfortunately
I need to maintain two Virtual images. This can take up a lot of room on my
harddrive, therefore wondering if there is a way within XP/2K to completely
seperate the two login's for drivers and reg. configs...

Thanks,
....Mike

"Vanguard_NPI" wrote:

> "msbutton27" <msbutton27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have two VPN software applications, I can not have the two of them
> > installed at the same time, only individually, therefore uninstalling one,
> > and installing the other when needed.
> >
> > Do you know of a way to setup it up under windows so that I can design
> > WinXP/2K to login with various userid's so that one of the other software
> > package is loaded. Or do you know how to have two of the applications
> > installed (not running) at the same time.
> >
> > On the USERID front, I would like to be able to:
> >
> > 1. At the login prompt have a USERID setup for VPN1 and one for VPN2.
> >
> > 2. If I select VPN1 userid once logged in, I would/could run the VPN
> > client.
> >
> > 3. If I need the VPN2 client, I would just logout (not reboot) and login
> > with the VPN2 id
> >
> > Installing the software on separate drives of the PC, I believe won't work
> > due to the drivers and reg information stored by the two of them -
> > therefore
> > I don't know if have two applications together will work.
> >
> > Make sense or clear as mud - J
> >
> > Any thoughts, suggestions...
>

> If the VPN programs won't tolerate each other's install, you could use
> Virtual PC to use VPN1 in your base OS and VPN2 in a guest OS.

> E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

No not that I know of. They both use the same nic, each client configures it
differently. There may be a work around but I need to know which VPN clients
you are using.

>I am actually using a Virtual PC as it is, for both of these -
>unfortunately
> I need to maintain two Virtual images. This can take up a lot of room on
> my
> harddrive, therefore wondering if there is a way within XP/2K to
> completely
> seperate the two login's for drivers and reg. configs...
>
> Thanks,
> ...Mike
>
> "Vanguard_NPI" wrote:
>
>> "msbutton27" <msbutton27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have two VPN software applications, I can not have the two of them
>> > installed at the same time, only individually, therefore uninstalling
>> > one,
>> > and installing the other when needed.
>> >
>> > Do you know of a way to setup it up under windows so that I can design
>> > WinXP/2K to login with various userid's so that one of the other
>> > software
>> > package is loaded. Or do you know how to have two of the applications
>> > installed (not running) at the same time.
>> >
>> > On the USERID front, I would like to be able to:
>> >
>> > 1. At the login prompt have a USERID setup for VPN1 and one for VPN2.
>> >
>> > 2. If I select VPN1 userid once logged in, I would/could run the VPN
>> > client.
>> >
>> > 3. If I need the VPN2 client, I would just logout (not reboot) and
>> > login
>> > with the VPN2 id
>> >
>> > Installing the software on separate drives of the PC, I believe won't
>> > work
>> > due to the drivers and reg information stored by the two of them -
>> > therefore
>> > I don't know if have two applications together will work.
>> >
>> > Make sense or clear as mud - J
>> >
>> > Any thoughts, suggestions...
>>

>> If the VPN programs won't tolerate each other's install, you could use
>> Virtual PC to use VPN1 in your base OS and VPN2 in a guest OS.
>>
>> --
>> E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

I am using Cisco and Nortel VPN

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> No not that I know of. They both use the same nic, each client configures it
> differently. There may be a work around but I need to know which VPN clients
> you are using.

> "msbutton27" <msbutton27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am actually using a Virtual PC as it is, for both of these -
> >unfortunately
> > I need to maintain two Virtual images. This can take up a lot of room on
> > my
> > harddrive, therefore wondering if there is a way within XP/2K to
> > completely
> > seperate the two login's for drivers and reg. configs...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > ...Mike
> >
> > "Vanguard_NPI" wrote:
> >
> >> "msbutton27" <msbutton27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> If the VPN programs won't tolerate each other's install, you could use
> >> Virtual PC to use VPN1 in your base OS and VPN2 in a guest OS.
> >>
> >> --
> >> E-mail: Remove "NIX" and add "#LAH" to Subject.

Sorry Nortel will require the removal of Cisco and vise versa. You can try
using 2 nics and a hardware profile for each nic.