[SOLVED] Installing w7 on old computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2020
Hello!
I have a MB asrock k7vt4a+, sempron 2400+ and 2gb ram and im trying to install w7. On youtube, there are a lot of videos from people that succesfully installed w7 but in my case, always crashed after starting service.
Can you help me?
Regards!

Solution
Might want to see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard.

To be very blunt, that platform is so old, that it doesn't officially support Windows 7. Even if you did get to install the drivers for the system in compatibility mode, you're going to have to pass the hurdle of the system being unstable. That would lead me to guess that there's something wrong with your installer.

Mind if I ask you where you sourced the installer for Windows 7 and which version you're working with?

+ Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Lutfij

Titan
Might want to see which BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard.

To be very blunt, that platform is so old, that it doesn't officially support Windows 7. Even if you did get to install the drivers for the system in compatibility mode, you're going to have to pass the hurdle of the system being unstable. That would lead me to guess that there's something wrong with your installer.

Mind if I ask you where you sourced the installer for Windows 7 and which version you're working with?

+ Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Solution
May 19, 2020
I agree with Lutfij it could be an issue with using an installer/third party windows creation tool - or the version of Windows 7 you have downloaded (I'm assuming you aren't using an original windows 7 disk?)

Jun 13, 2020
Thanks both for your help.
The bios i have installed is the lastest for the motherboard that is 1.30 and the windows7 is an original ISO Home version that i installed in others pcs years ago... so im really confusing why i cant install.
Regards!

Status
Not open for further replies.