Installing WAN Miniport IKEv2 for windows 7

Flopiano

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Hello, I cannot access the Internet from my desktop.I get message that Wan Miniport (IKEv2) cannot upload 31.
I guess I need to download updated driver but how can I do it if I cannot access the Internet from this machine. I have a laptop which could maybe help.
My laptop runs on Vista and my desktop on Window 7 64 bit.
I am not too PC literate, thank you for explaining things siply for me.
many thanks

anonymous81

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
I know this is an old post but this issue got me frustrated to the core. And now that I have been able to fix it, I believe I should share the solution.

I have Windows 7 32 bit version running on m machine. I was seeing a yellow icon next to WAN MiniPort (IKEv2) in my Network Adapters list in Device manager.

I didn't know that this adapter is needed if you use data card or mobile internet connecting usb drives (huawei etc.). This also resulted in error code 20 when I tried to Start the Remote Access Connection Manager service.

To fix this, I manually searched the registry (to launch, type regedit in Run command box) for IKEv2 and deleted relevant entries (of course after taking a backup of those entries - right-click and select export). I could also uninstall it now from the device manager.

After reboot, WAN Miniport (IKEv2) was gone from the device manager.

Now we need to manually reinstall it. For this you need the devcon utility. This can be downloaded from the url: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272

Once you extract the devcon, run the proper version (32 bit or 64 bit) using the below command in command prompt with admin privileges:

1. Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> CMD Prompt (right click to select 'run as administrator'
2. Go to the location where you have extracted devcon.exe
3. Run the below command to reinstall WAN Miniport (IKEv2)

C:\>devcon install C:\Windows\inf\netavpna.inf MS_AgileVpnMiniport

Once this succeeds, reboot your computer. You should now see WAN Miniport (IKEv2) in your device manager.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Umesh

TRENDING THREADS