[SOLVED] Installing Wifi 6 adapter into motherboard with existing WiFi?

Jul 26, 2020
This is a dumb question but can I have two Wifi adaptors installed in my desktop? I have MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE Wifi that came with a prebuilt Wifi adapter but I'd like to upgrade it with an intel Wifi 6 adapter. Can I keep the old one in or do I need to remove it before I can install the newer one? Thanks

Solution
Yes you can but the active number of connections can be a max of one, either using the WiFi or the Ethernet port unless the wireless adapter has a way of pairing your devices and showing up as one(which is not going to happen anytime soon).

You might find it in your best interests to remove the module from the board and maybe replace the NGFF Intel WiFi card in that shielded module with an Intel WiFi 6 NGFF adapter/module.

Lutfij

Titan
Yes you can but the active number of connections can be a max of one, either using the WiFi or the Ethernet port unless the wireless adapter has a way of pairing your devices and showing up as one(which is not going to happen anytime soon).

You might find it in your best interests to remove the module from the board and maybe replace the NGFF Intel WiFi card in that shielded module with an Intel WiFi 6 NGFF adapter/module.

Reactions: DrDingo2
Solution