Installing Win 10 on a new SSD on an ASUS Et2323INT AIO PC. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2018
I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a newly installed SSD onan Asus AIO ET2323INT PC, but am running into issues. After the Windows installation procedure is almost complete and the PC restarts, the screen goes black and I am unable to complete in the installation or boot into Win. Can anyone please assist?

Nov 13, 2018

Hi, thanks for the suggestions. However, i got the OS from microsoft's official site and created it on a USB stick using their utility.

I cannot identify the actual error but there are standard steps to take installing this OS.If the install does not work then you might contact ASUS. You have the latest install files I assume.

First disconnect or disable all hdd /ssd drives but the one where you will install windows.

Insert the USB media tool, with the latest windows install files, into the board. Next go to the board setup and ensure the board is configured to use UEFI boot settings. CSM should be enabled. Select UEFI for boot device control and Legacy for the other options.

On the motherboard boot device menu, select the command that identifies both the firmware mode and the device. For example, select UEFI: USB Drive, (Windows Boot Manager will also work), and list that device in the first boot slot on the board.
Reboot. Install begins.

When choosing an installation type, select Custom. On new disks, the drive will show a single area of unallocated space. (If there are partitions, select each one and then "delete").

Select the unallocated space and click Next. Windows detects that the PC was booted into UEFI mode, partitions the drive using the GPT and begins the installation.

Any data on the drive will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.