Question Installing windows 10 GPT error

May 24, 2019
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. Only have a few spare minutes.

I'm trying to install windows 10 on my system:

Zoostorm Quest Gaming Desktop PC, AMD A8 7600 3.1GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, AMD R7

I already have windows 7 home premium 32 bit installed.

I get the message:

Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk has an mbr partition style. On EFI systems windows can only be installed to GPT disks.

Can I double check:

1. Do I have a 64 bit system? I've been told I have, but just wanted to check.

2. What solutions are there?

Thanks

Sig99

Colif

Win 11 Master
1. The CPU is, fact they put 8gb of ram into system suggests motherboard is as well. Its hard to tell as the website for that PC is a 404 now. I would think it is 64bit compatible, most pc made in last 10 years are.
need to know what motherboard it has.
try downloading Speccy
restart PC once its installed
run speccy and see what it says in Motherboard panel as it should tell us motherboard make/model.
If you not sure, click on files, save as text file, create it somewhere you will remember and then upload it to a file sharing website and show link here.

2. Is this a clean install? If so, answer to question is delete all the partitions unil only unallocated space remains and click next

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Hey, thanks for the reply Colif.

How would I check on my system that it's 64 bit?

It already has windows 7 32 bit installed. So not a clean install, what can I do?

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
If you want 64bit you have to clean install win 10. Upgrading 7 won't make it 64bit. You cannot get 64bit without a clean install.

So if anything on C drive you want to save, do it now before you delete all the partitions

Last edited:
May 24, 2019
Hi Colif: Deleted partitions. Still comes up with a similar error to:

Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk has an mbr partition style. On EFI systems windows can only be installed to GPT disks .

Thanks Mandark. Still can't get it working.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi Colif: Deleted partitions. Still comes up with a similar error to:

Windows cannot be installed to this disk the selected disk has an mbr partition style. On EFI systems windows can only be installed to GPT disks .

Thanks Mandark. Still can't get it working.

restart the installer and /or the PC, once partitions are gone it shouldn't show that error