Installing Windows 10 on a USB-Stick

Sten1232

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
I´m downloading windows 10 to my HDD and I was wondering, if I download Windows 10 to a usb (Witch I can in the microsoft page) can I use it to download windows 10 onto my SSD that I will be getting when I get my new computer?

Solution
I believe you mean install windows 10 via USB. If you are downloading the .iso file from windows you can create a bootable USB drive either with tools windows provides or, as I prefer, software called powerISO. You can then use the bootable USB drive to install Windows to your new SSD.
I believe you mean install windows 10 via USB. If you are downloading the .iso file from windows you can create a bootable USB drive either with tools windows provides or, as I prefer, software called powerISO. You can then use the bootable USB drive to install Windows to your new SSD.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
The installer is multi use, the licences aren't. You can use the installer as much as you like, provided you have the licences to cover it.

If you upgraded your current pc from a previous version of windows, or it came pre installed, then your licence is tied to your pc. You will need a new licence to install Win 10 onto your new pc.
If you bought a box copy of Windows 10 then you can install that on your new pc, it just can't be used on more than one pc at a time. So you couldn't use it on old or new pc at same time.

hope that helps :)