[SOLVED] Installing Windows 10 on an old platform

emirhangamer71

Prominent
Aug 22, 2020
I'm trying to reinstall Windows - computer not booting, stuck on "verifiyng dmi pool data" ?

it says "verifiyng pool data" on usb hdd boot option with usb pen drive plugged in with windows 10 20h2 32bit flashed from android iso 2 usb. The bios is award bios 2008 max copyright. It booted to recovery place now it says when I boot from hdd it says "missing os". The pen drive doesn't boot.

The motherboard is GA-M61PME-S2 rev 2 2
Sata drives 1 x 500gb and 1 x 146 gb.
This is for my close friend.
There is no system bios cacheable in the settings first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Primary boot option should be Windows Boot Manager. Prior to that boot override to boot from the USB installer.

If the BIOS version is from 2008, then you have BIOS updates pending. Gradually work your way to the latest revision. If you're on F1, move to F2 and so forth. If on F2, then move forward from there. Sadly I don't think you're going to have much luck with getting the newer OS onto a platform that old. I've had a bit of a struggle getting 2010's H61 platform to work with Windows 10, to the point I gave up on the platform altogether.

Lutfij

Titan
Primary boot option should be Windows Boot Manager. Prior to that boot override to boot from the USB installer.

If the BIOS version is from 2008, then you have BIOS updates pending. Gradually work your way to the latest revision. If you're on F1, move to F2 and so forth. If on F2, then move forward from there. Sadly I don't think you're going to have much luck with getting the newer OS onto a platform that old. I've had a bit of a struggle getting 2010's H61 platform to work with Windows 10, to the point I gave up on the platform altogether.

Solution

emirhangamer71

Prominent
Aug 22, 2020

windows 10 worked before this

emirhangamer71

Prominent
Aug 22, 2020
GA-M61PME-S2 (rev. 2.x) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.

It lists compatibility with Win 7 32 and 64 bit, which would indicate to me that it will also do 10.

I would suggest going back and getting the 'iso' for the FIRST version of 10. I did not see you list the CPU and would only be able to make assumptions on x64 compatibility.
windows 10 worked before this he tried to use a program which failed and closed his pc twice recovery menu then verifiyng dmi pool data problem stopped us from booting to recovery menu and usb it just hang said nothing other then verifing pool data on usb it said missing operating system on hard drive

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
^ Even at that, Windows 10 is known to stop updating (version) on HW that can't deal with the pending updates. Are you certain this machine was updated all the way to the 20H(x) version?

I have newer computers that this, by FAR, that don't or haven't yet. My oldest in use machine is on the 8xxx build.

emirhangamer71

Prominent
Aug 22, 2020
^ Even at that, Windows 10 is known to stop updating (version) on HW that can't deal with the pending updates. Are you certain this machine was updated all the way to the 20H(x) version?

I have newer computers that this, by FAR, that don't or haven't yet. My oldest in use machine is on the 8xxx build.
hmm we tried to install 20h2 on the usb I think he got 20h2 on updates I dont remember but he was at 1909 I belive

Reactions: punkncat

TRENDING THREADS