[SOLVED] Installing Windows 10 on HP Proliant DL380 G5 Server?

May 29, 2020
Hi,
I am trying to install Windows 10 on my spare server (HP Proliant DL380 Gen 5). However I keep running into issues. I have heard that for motherboards with dual sockets I need Windows 10 Pro. I have tried making a bootable USB (Windows To Go) With Rufus to make sure that it will work before I go out and buy a harddrive for it. However, Windows starts to boot and asks me for some basic information like Location, Keyboard layout etc... but continues to reboot and do the same thing over and over. It says "Why did my PC restart?" There was a problem blah blah. There is no error message that has any helpful information (that I can find) and it keeps just getting stuck in this boot loop. I have also tried Windows 10 Home but the same thing happened. Any solutions?
Thanks!

Solution
Ah, missed that. If you are having issues with the Rufus Windows to go, you might want to try WinToUSB. For Windows 10 pro and/or using the VHD option you'll have to used the paid version ($29.99). Still I have created numerous Windows to go with WinToUSB, and they have all worked without issue with Windows 10 (ISO or current install).
May 29, 2020
Ah, missed that. If you are having issues with the Rufus Windows to go, you might want to try WinToUSB. For Windows 10 pro and/or using the VHD option you'll have to used the paid version ($29.99). Still I have created numerous Windows to go with WinToUSB, and they have all worked without issue with Windows 10 (ISO or current install).

Solution