Installing Windows 10 on my SSD again

MrPato

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017
I'm thinking about reseting my PC back to factory settings, because i'm have some issues with it
I bought this PC (MSI Aegis) back in November, and it came with a SSD and a HDD, the OS is installed on the SSD
Since my pc is running kinda slow, i'll be reseting it soon, but since this is my first time doing it with both a SSD and a HDD installed on my pc, i was wondering if, when i install Windows 10 again, will it automatically be installed on the SSD or the HDD? Do i have to select anything in order for it to be installed on the SSD?

I want to reset it because i messed up a bit trying to move some files from the SSD to the HDD, including games, programs, etc...

Solution
best idea is set the program files up on HDD from start. I never bother, i install everything to ssd as when I reinstall win 10 I would have to anyway. Things on hdd are things I don't need to reinstall like music, pictures, documents, Steam games libraries. Its just less messy that way.

factory reset might just do C anyway, you may need to delete the folders off hdd afterwards - probably easier to format it then and remove any hidden folders.

MrPato

Commendable
Jan 10, 2017

My HDD has nothing important on it, only the SSD has all of my programs, games, the Program Files (x86) folder, which i wanted to move it to my HDD, but i think it's easier to just reset my pc, install everything again (which isn't that much).
The only thing i have on my HDD is some files i had on the Program Files (x86) folder, which i messed up and by mistake copied some of the files to my HDD and deleted some of those on the SSD.
Well.. we learn from our mistakes

Colif

Win 11 Master
best idea is set the program files up on HDD from start. I never bother, i install everything to ssd as when I reinstall win 10 I would have to anyway. Things on hdd are things I don't need to reinstall like music, pictures, documents, Steam games libraries. Its just less messy that way.

factory reset might just do C anyway, you may need to delete the folders off hdd afterwards - probably easier to format it then and remove any hidden folders.

Solution