[SOLVED] Installing Windows 10 on two hard drives

CI67

Reputable
Jun 18, 2015
Hello,

I own a Windows 7 pro version and a couple of years ago, following a friend's advice, I installed Windows 7 to a second hard drive on the same pc.
I use one for work and one for personal use and only one hard drive is plugged in at a time. Everything worked just fine, but now I successfully upgraded one hard drive to windows 10 using Microsoft's tool. Since I did that I haven't used the second drive (that still has W7). It hasn't even been plugged in.

My question is: Can I download a copy of W10 on the upgraded HD, burn it to a flash drive and do a fresh install on the W7 HD and have two hard drives with W10 installed, with the same license and only use one of them at a time, or is that against the Terms of Service?

If that's not allowed, should I just keep using the second HD with W7, since its already installed, or will that be an issue that might get my license revoked or something?

Solution
My question is: Can I download a copy of W10 on the upgraded HD, burn it to a flash drive and do a fresh install on the W7 HD and have two hard drives with W10 installed, with the same license and only use one of them at a time, or is that against the Terms of Service?
You can have multiple installations of same windows on same computer (activated with same key) for backup purposes. This doesn't violate license.
You can have multiple installations of same windows on same computer (activated with same key) for backup purposes. This doesn't violate license.

Solution