[SOLVED] Installing Windows 10 with the absolute most recent updates

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Hey all,

So the Windows Media Creation tool doesn't come with the most recent updates, it always installs new ones and sometimes even restarts and reinstalls all the crapware and sometimes even changes the settings I would have changed back on the first install while offline.

I'm aware of the website https://www.uupdump.net/

However I don't really know how to navigate through.

How can I go about downloading the absolute most recent windows so when I install I won't need any updates or restarts or at the very least very very small updates.

Do I need to use rufus for the ISO?

Solution
Let stick to crapware. If you disable extended telemetry and ad targeting at first, it is not that bad. Make bootable Windows 10 install USB drive and with Windows Media tool. Then make offline installation pack containing all current updates with WSUS Offline Update and take that with you too. In end run debloating scripts to clean out all unnecessary crap. Do not exaggerate with them because it may end with reinstalling all from scratch again.

FYI: nLite, is still available. At old times it allowed to build bootable installation media with all current updates. Though I believe it is suitable only for older Windows versions till Windows 7.
Let stick to crapware. If you disable extended telemetry and ad targeting at first, it is not that bad. Make bootable Windows 10 install USB drive and with Windows Media tool. Then make offline installation pack containing all current updates with WSUS Offline Update and take that with you too. In end run debloating scripts to clean out all unnecessary crap. Do not exaggerate with them because it may end with reinstalling all from scratch again.

FYI: nLite, is still available. At old times it allowed to build bootable installation media with all current updates. Though I believe it is suitable only for older Windows versions till Windows 7.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS