Installing Windows 7 - Failure

Dec 5, 2014
I have Windows 8. For some reason, I just want to use Windows 7 as well. I am very experienced in Installing Windows and with computers

If I try to install Windows 7 in UEFI mode, then the "Loading Files" bar finished successfully, but the installation freezes and stops when it says "Starting Windows" with those coloured balls. I wait, but nothing happens. My internal Hard Disk Drive turns off after a little while, and the external Hard drive (Which I'm installing Windows from) has no Read or Write I/O. Nothing happens. Fans are off, HDDs are off.

If I try to install Windows 7 in Legacy BIOS mode, then the installation runs perfectly until I get to the point of Choosing which partition I want to install Windows 7 on. It gives me the error:
"Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of the GPT partition style."
And so I cannot continue.

Is there a solution to this problem?
I need to either:
Be able to install Windows on GPT partition Scheme/Style
or
Resolve the frozen boot screen.

Any ideas?
Thanks

EDIT: I forgot to mention my computer.
Acer Aspire E5-571PG-524H
CPU: Intel Core i5-4210U at 1.70GHz (up to 2.67GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 840M (2GB Dedicated VRAM)
RAM: 4GB DDR3 l Memory
1TB HDD (GPT)

EDIT 2:
HDD partitions
Disk 0, Partition 0 Has Windows 8.1 Core.
Disk 0, Partition 1,2,3 have my files
Disk 0, Partition 4 is the empty drive which I am trying to install Windows 7 on.
Disk 1, Partition 0 is the external Hard drive which I am installing Windows FROM.

Dec 5, 2014

Disk 0, Partition 0 Has Windows 8.1 Core.
Disk 0, Partition 1,2,3 have my files
Disk 0, Partition 4 is the empty drive which I am trying to install Windows 7 on.
Disk 1, Partition 0 is the external Hard drive which I am installing Windows FROM.

I thought Boot Managers were only used in Legacy BIOS mode?

Dec 5, 2014

No, I do use a boot manager. I do not have more than 1 OS.

Disk 1. I use RUFUS to create a bootable drive, and the iso is downloaded at GETINTOPC.COM. I do not believe that the iso image is corrupted. I have use all 3 modes - MBR for Legacy, MBR for UEFI, and GPT for UEFI. None work in UEFI, and I get stuck at Choosing which partition to install on in Legacy BIOS.

If you meant Disk 0, as in the OS that is already installed, it is UEFI mode.

Dec 5, 2014

Unfortunately I do not have more than 1 internal Hard drive, and also I am not able to install Windows 7 to an External Hard drive. Also, I have tried that same routine with a USB drive.

Dec 5, 2014

I do not have a Separate Internal Hard drive

Dec 5, 2014

I already understand Note 1

I have done Note 2. No difference undortunately