Installing windows 7 on a Kaby Lake laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariia

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
Hello! I would like to downgrade from windows 10 to windows 7 on my kaby lake laptop.
I do know it's unsupported, although i found couple of fixes for usb drivers, which seem to be the biggest problem when installing
my question is, if i do manage to install windows 7, will i still have wi fi for my laptop?I don't use an adapter, it's just the wifi card from inside of my laptop.Do i need specific drivers?
Also, do i need to reinstall the realtek drivers again?or will i still have sound?
AND, if everything fails, if i reinstall windows 10, will it be broken, or will it be fine?

btw, this is my laptop: https://paytmmall.com/asus-a541uv-dm978-core-i3-7th-gen-4-gb-1-tb-39-6-cm-15-6-dos-grey-CMPLXLAPASUS-A541UV-TECH2630017D7F021-pdp?src=grid&tracker=%7C%7C%7C%7C%2Fg%2Felectronics%2Flaptop-computers/catalog%7C78462%7C18%7C%7C (it is NOT my primary device.)

Solution
If you manage to install windows 7, you're going to need to search for all those drivers manually.
And it's not guaranteed, you'll find them all.

Obviously - hardware without appropriate driver will not function. This includes:
  • audio,
    card reader,
    lan,
    pointing device,
    wireless,
    bluetooth,
    graphics (without appropriate driver will operate in reduced functionality mode)
If you reinstall windows 10, you can get all those drivers from Asus support web site.
If you manage to install windows 7, you're going to need to search for all those drivers manually.
And it's not guaranteed, you'll find them all.

Obviously - hardware without appropriate driver will not function. This includes:
  • audio,
    card reader,
    lan,
    pointing device,
    wireless,
    bluetooth,
    graphics (without appropriate driver will operate in reduced functionality mode)
If you reinstall windows 10, you can get all those drivers from Asus support web site.

Solution

dariia

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

so i did install windows 7, but the trackpad isn't working. i hooked up a usb mouse. could you please try to find a driver for my trackpad? i do not know what to search for.
also, for the wireless driver.. although it is not a must, since i have a wi fi adapter that has drivers for windows 7
realtek drivers are easy to find because they are on the main site

dariia

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

the touchpad is not detected in device manager :( i think

dariia

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017
so the trackpad does work in uefi.
i managed to get wi fi, card reader and sound to work
but the trackpad still refuses to work.
please help!

dariia

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

i found it. the hardware id leads me to some intel io i2c controller thing.
update: nevermind, it led me to a synaptics driver. i know it is for touchpads. tried installing it, but the installer came up with the error" no synaptics device found" or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS