installing windows 7 on a windows 10

Gamer box

Commendable
Jan 4, 2017
Hello friends, well I got a problem so please try to solve it-i have a dell inspiron 15 5000 series with i7 and 16 gb ram and 2 gb vram and I had almost filled the whole OS (C:) with all my files and the gauge had turned red that tells how much memory is left and now I thought resetting my PC would stabilize it. So I thought to reset the system with all my personal files deleted so I can get a fresh PC but while resetting it was taking at least 25 minutes or so to reach 1% and so I left it to reset the whole night with charger plugged in and when I got up I opened the screen and there was a blue box with error that said your PC can't be refreshed probably it must be because of the file load on memory.and now there was a blue screen now with 5-6 options saying USB backup,Continue to windows 8.1 and I don't remember there were 4 more and the main title was RECOVERY I tried to continue to my windows but while always doing this the lappy automatically shut off and again the recovery screen popped up so now my brother brought a windows 10 x32 bit.iso from his friend and I created a bootable disk drive and I restarted my lappy my boot drive was already inserted while restarting and I chose the option USB backup and my bios screen came up it had something to do with USB boot switch or legacy boot well my brother did all the things we had to do in the bios menu and then a windows setup screen came and we installed the windows and I saw many of the new apps and games that came out lately aren't able to be ran because a error pops up saying this app can't run on your PC please contact software publisher then I noticed the app require 64-bit os and we installed 32-bit so now we came up with a new issue so now I want to know how can I install a new windows when there is windows 10 32 bit already and I have no option to GET BACK TO WINDOWS 7 OR 8.1 because you know as I mentioned my earlier windows was corrupted while resetting and refreshing my PC so it's my humble request to all the good computer nerds and geeks To Help Me out here plz because I am very Gaming-Addicted

Solution

What was the original windows version on your laptop? Windows 8.1 64bit?

Just create installation media for windows 8.1 , clean your hdd(ssd) and install windows 8.1.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

Most likely windows 8.1 install will not even ask for license key, if key is embedded into BIOS. And it will activate automatically.

If you go try reinstalling windows 10, then you'll get problems with activation (unless your current windows 10 is already activated).

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
Yes you need a copy of windows 10 64 bit to play most new games/apps but also to use more the 4GB of ram (video ram included). So what you need to do is install a copy of windows 10 64bit.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

make sure you install the 64bit solution. Now for the bad news without your windows 8 install intact you may have to purchase a windows 10 key. Though going from windows 10 32bit to 64 bit may let you do it without one but no promises.

What was the original windows version on your laptop? Windows 8.1 64bit?

Just create installation media for windows 8.1 , clean your hdd(ssd) and install windows 8.1.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

Most likely windows 8.1 install will not even ask for license key, if key is embedded into BIOS. And it will activate automatically.

If you go try reinstalling windows 10, then you'll get problems with activation (unless your current windows 10 is already activated).

Solution