Installing windows 7 on i3 7100

michaelguy512

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
Hya, I know there were many questions regarding to install windows 7 on any 7th gen core processor. As alot of people faces the issue on setup with the keyboard and the mouse not working, but on the bios does, I'm facing the same thing too. I dislike windows 10, as I prefer something with a nicer and classic ui and faster than windows 10, like windows 7 or 8.1, I even tried to put the usb 3.0 drivers into the installation and after installation but still no fix. Is there any way I can install windows 7 on my PC? I would like an answer. I would like to install windows 7 home premuim or professional as they doesn't take alot of resources.
Regards, Radon..

My computer Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3 7100 3.9GHZ Kaby Lake
GPU: AMD Radeon RX560 4GB GDDR5
Intel HD Graphics 630 (IGPU)
Mobo: LENOVO 36D9 Socket 1151
HDD/SSD: Seagate ST1000DM003-1SB102 1TB HDD
DVD/CD-R: HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GHC0N DVD-RW
PSU: 450W
RAM: 8GB DDR4
If you would need more details, feel free to reply.

Solution
You can install windows 7 from sata attached dvd drive and use PS/2 style keyboard/mouse or
you can integrate USB3 drivers into installation. Driver integration utility is provided by motherboard manufacturer support web site.

michaelguy512

Prominent
Dec 27, 2017
Hello my dear friends :ange:..
I guess again few of you remembers this thread, but again, I managed to install Windows 7 in my Kaby-Lake computer as shown above. I did a trick somehow to get it working, here's how I made it:

I installed VMware on Windows 10, in which later I setted it up and so on, and made a new partition for Windows 7 physically, in which I gave it to VMware to run it. I installed Windows 7 normally on the VM, in which later at the disk selection I selected my physical partition for it. Later, once done with installation, I installed in it Teamviewer and Drivereasy or sort of driver-finding program, in which I rebooted it in my physical computer in order to get the hardware from it, as VMware will simply emulate the drivers of its own. Later, I started Windows 10 again and turned on Windows 7 on VMware and I let DriverEasy install the network driver and set Teamviewer to start when booting in which after I started Windows 7 again on my computer and remote control it from another computer I had. I after got the USB 3.0 eXtensible controller driver to install it. Furthermore, Windows 7 itself let the drivers from the USB installer to get them installed. Voila after, the Keyboard and the Mouse were working fine! Later, I installed the rest of the drivers needed for my PC and they installed flawlessly, apart from few errors on some other few drivers, that doesn't bother me or affects anything althought. And yes, at the drivers finding for my PC on VMware, they were marked as unplugged devices.

So, in conclusion, you can get it installed and setted it up from VMware and Teamviewer. Big thanks again to VMware developers for creating that physical disk usage feature when setting a VM up.

Staff: Again, I posted on behalf of myself figuring it out to get it working. It is upto you if you wanna close this thread or let it open for more questioners regarding this trick. Good luck everyone who dares installing Windows 7 on such newer PCs by following my solution. :D