Question Installing windows 7 on my new gaming computer

Jun 7, 2019
Hey. I just built my new gaming computer, and I am trying to install windows 7. After it loads the files for windows it asks me the laungage and other settings before installing but the mouse and keyboard just stop working. They work before that point. I did use different keyboards and I used usp 2. It also seems to freeze at that point aswell.

mangaman

Honorable
Hey. I just built my new gaming computer, and I am trying to install windows 7. After it loads the files for windows it asks me the laungage and other settings before installing but the mouse and keyboard just stop working. They work before that point. I did use different keyboards and I used usp 2. It also seems to freeze at that point aswell.

While Windows 7 is a very good OS, it will be unsupported in January of 2020. Meaning you will no longer get security updates and patches. If you have newer hardware, it has limited support for Windows 7. AMD and Intel's newest CPUs do not support Windows 7, so you might have to install Windows 10. Or you can use Linux, if that suites you.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Windows 7 has issues dealing with current USB chipset drivers. You will need to surf your motherboard's website and see if they have updates for that. You should really consider upgrading, most all hardware now has put windows 7 support dead last as a priority.