Installing Windows 7 on Sony Vaio SVF15A190X

skyhightech

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I can't get Sony to fix my laptop and all they tell me is that they don't support laptop anymore. The only thing I know to do is to install windows 7 on it to keep it stable. Windows 8 has some much problems with the laptop

Solution
Just put the disk in and go to the BIOS menu and set the computer to boot from the CD/DVD drive. That's all you have to do.

There's no magic or anything special involved.

Though going off the drivers thing, I suggest you find all the drivers first before you do any installation.

skyhightech

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
how can I install windows 7 64 on the SVF15A190X Vaio laptop? I have the cd for windows 7 but heard that there is more to it then just popping in the installation windows 7 cd.

blknwite

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
Ok not sure what question is but I had an F series vaio that I upgraded to Windows 7 and worked great until I traded it in for an Asus. Still liked the Sony better actually but ah well no more Sony. If used carefully they will run and run.

skyhightech

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I don't mind doing the tracking down for drivers but is there a key way to get windows 7 installed on this laptop or just popping in the windows 7 installation cd will do?

Just put the disk in and go to the BIOS menu and set the computer to boot from the CD/DVD drive. That's all you have to do.

There's no magic or anything special involved.

Though going off the drivers thing, I suggest you find all the drivers first before you do any installation.

Solution