Question Installing windows 7 pro on SSD & NEW nve drives. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP - THANK YOU

Jul 1, 2019
Dear all, really appreciate you reading this and taking the time out to help me.

Ages ago i made a boot disc windows 7 pro on usb, i also added drivers to the windows 7 usb pen drive , so i could install windows 7 on samsung evo and other solid state drives. Not specific to samsung i could install on on any ssd machine. I could no longer find drivers as usb pen stooped working. have made another windows 7 usb pen, need drivers. Could anyone kindly give link to download this driver again please. thanks so much.

Also can i install windows 7 on new nve drives? is there a link for that? i tried installing windows 7 on new thinkpad x280 no luck.

thanks so much for you help guys.

Jul 1, 2019
thanks for reply, but how about for ssd drives, like samsung evo 850, i want to be able to install on older versions of intel, older pc's. many thanks. could you send the link?

Ralston18

Titan
You bought a new Thinkpad x280 - correct?

What OS was installed? I would expect Windows 10.

In any case what is the driving requirement to have Window 7 installed on the new Thinkpad?

Windows 7 is obsolete and support is rapidly waning.

And older drivers simply may not work or fully work.

Please provide more detail about why you are trying to install Windows 7 on multiple drives?

Jul 1, 2019
for all those replied i really appreciate it. forgive me maybe i am not explaining my self. in my last post i had 2 questions in 1 post. Hence confusion.

forget about new machines, thinkpad etc,

on older pc's and ssd, you can install windows 7, you get that error driver not found.

when you come to install.

I had made a windows 7 usb. and had found the drivers and copied it nto usb pen. i had installed on many machines with ssd. when it came to that error during installation, i would select that file, driver and it will load ssd drivers and continue to install windows 7 fine.

my usb pen now broken, i have created windows 7 install usb, but for the life of me cant find where i got that driver from. it was a generic driver, not samsung etc.

thanks so much gues hope this helps.