Installing Windows Issue

James Harrison

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Today, my i5 4690K arrived with my new motherboard (Asus H81I-PLUS) and I replaced my old FX processor and motherboard in my new case too. After building it all, I booted up the PC and plugged in my memory stick containing the ISO file or whatever it is with all the stuff needed to re-install windows. I have got to the stage where it has asked me to select driver to be installed. I inserted the driver disc which came with the motherboard and selected the chipset drivers (All of them) to be installed but it still can't detect any new hardware... Can anyone help me here?

Build for those who want to know it:
I5 4690K CPU
GTX 760 MSI gaming edition GPU
ASUS H81I-PLUS Motyerboard
Corsair CX-430 PSU
1tb Western Digital Caviar Blue HDD
4GB (1x4) XMS3 Corsair 1600MHz RAM

James Harrison

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
I am trying to re-install windows and I'm stuck in the install drivers part in reinstalling windows. I can't find anything which is related to Intel but the chip set drivers in the Asus CD where the drivers in the CD won't find any new hardware. The CPU didn't come with a disc for anything.

ste_wilko

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2014
Click back to exit the installer (not completely) but back to the install now button. Then take the USB out and put it in another slot and try again, sometimes Windows does this when installing via a USB

James Harrison

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
Still doesn't detect any new hardware, I'm going into the AHCI driver folder and going into driver, CD and then into 64bit. Something that has caught my eye is that there is a hide drivers that are not compatible with hardware on this PC and I ticked it and shows none of the drivers from the CD