Installing windows on 960 evo m.2

polaco19993

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
Hello!!
I've been trying to install windows on my 960 evo and I just don't know how. My motherboard is a Prime z370-p.
I can see the 960 evo in the boot priority but it does not show up after I insert the CD key.
Some1 help plz??

If I forgot to mention anything just tell me and I'll write right away.

Sorry for my English... It's not my primary language

Solution
First, make sure you have at least bios version 0605 installed. You may choose to install either of the two newer versions than that, although right now I am not recommending updating to the very latest versions that incorporate microcode changes relevant to the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities because they have been shown to affect CPU and M.2/SSD performance in many cases. You can do so if you wish, but at the least make sure your bios is updated to version 0605 that has all the bios updates prior to the Meltdown/Spectre microcode changes.

Once you enter the bios to make any changes, make sure you are seeing the advanced mode, not the EZ mode, as most options won't be available in the EZ mode.

Once past the bios updating and...
First, make sure you have at least bios version 0605 installed. You may choose to install either of the two newer versions than that, although right now I am not recommending updating to the very latest versions that incorporate microcode changes relevant to the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities because they have been shown to affect CPU and M.2/SSD performance in many cases. You can do so if you wish, but at the least make sure your bios is updated to version 0605 that has all the bios updates prior to the Meltdown/Spectre microcode changes.

Once you enter the bios to make any changes, make sure you are seeing the advanced mode, not the EZ mode, as most options won't be available in the EZ mode.

Once past the bios updating and into the advanced menu, make sure that the M.2 options in the bios are enabled.

Also, you may need to disable CSM (Compatibility support module) in the bios in order for the M.2 device to be recognized as a UEFI bootable device.

This thread may help you as well.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3473090/install-windows.html

Solution
Dec 4, 2018
Using a Corsair MP510 and am trying to install Windows on it.
I've done all the steps.
Format drive
Enable M.2 Mode
Disable CSM
Disable Secure Boot
Set to Other OS
Delete Key Management
M.2 doesn't show up after reset
Decided to try install with USB containing Windows 10
Installed OS to M.2
Reset and M.2 still doesn't show up in boot order
Tried this several times and yes, using compatible parts with just the M.2 drive installed.
Specs:
i7 4790k
16GB RAM
Asus Z97-A Motherboard