[SOLVED] Installing windows onto a new hard drive failure

Apr 19, 2020
Trying to install windows 7 onto a new hard drive using windows 7 install disk. I've tried changing bios, booting from CD and installing. It gets to the very end completing inatall stage. Then it tries to boot and crashes. I also tried formatting the hard drive first as well as deleting the hard drive and installing to unallocated space. Then I've tried restarting and switching to boot from hard drive first and it says i must finish the install. At one point i had windows 7 installed 4 times and then i formatted and deleted all of them. I'm just at a stand still here, i took some screen shots of the messages and error screens i recieved. Any ideas may help. Thanks

Solution
I know it's been a couple of weeks, but have you found a fix for your issues. If not, has this computer worked with Windows 7 before? I would also try to boot with only one stick of RAM. If you still have issues, your might want to look at your hard drive.
Apr 19, 2020
The hard drive im installing is a WD 1.0tb Sata 64mb Cadhe HD. I have 4 gigs of Ram and a geforce 7900 gtx graphics card. I was wondering if trying the install without the gpu in first could make a difference? My gpu is the only way i have that i can hook to my monitor otherwise i would have tried this already. I think there is another way to hook up a monitor if i get a different monitor or some type of adapter if i have to just to install windows and then re-connect through the gpu. Also, i couldn't figure out how to load up pictures from my phone on here. If anyone is interested in seeing the error codes, i can send them through email or facebook. Thanks again

I know it's been a couple of weeks, but have you found a fix for your issues. If not, has this computer worked with Windows 7 before? I would also try to boot with only one stick of RAM. If you still have issues, your might want to look at your hard drive.

Solution