Question Installing windows to ssd

Apr 23, 2019
Okay so I just got myself a ssd for my computer and I want to start by installing windows on it, I no longer have the installation disk and was wondering if there are any options, I really don't have alot of knowledge in this area so any help is appreciated.

If it's possible to install windows to the ssd and make it the primary without losing anything from the original hard-drive that is preferable as I have a lot of files I can't afford to lose, but like I said I don't know what i'm doing so whatever you believe would be most beneficial for me

I built a system for my wife, for our anniversary, and only after loading and configuring w10 to a new mechanical hard drive (SATA3), did I decide to move her over to a SATA3 SSD.

In this instance, I just used this to clone the 2TB mechanical drive to the 2TB SSD. The cloned SSD booted into w10 just like the mechanical drive did.

I can say that it works flawlessly, and you don't have to worry about licensing, or keeping track of where a software solution might be hiding among your files, or bootable media.

TRENDING THREADS