[SOLVED] Installing without a USB or Disc

Jun 29, 2021
Hey there! I need some quick help.
Before I always used to install windows 10 only by downloading the .iso from the official site and running the .exe
This time I upgraded and I got a NVME ssd and my current windows is on a sata ssd.
I wanted to clean install on my NVME. However running the .exe from the iso is not the same anymore. Its not letting me pick an edition AND the most important part it doesnt let me pick WHERE to install windows.
It automatically installs on my old sata ssd.
Any help ?
I really have no USB drives or discs.
Thank you guys in advance.

Solution
You can get the free VMware workstation player, go through creating a new entry (look up a guide if you need to) you can add a real drive to the VM so add the nvme drive as a full drive.
Start the installation from the iso and only do the first part where it copies files to the disk when it asks you to reboot shut the VM off instead and reboot into your nvme and it will continue the installation and find all the drivers.

As always be very careful about choosing the correct drive.
You can get the free VMware workstation player, go through creating a new entry (look up a guide if you need to) you can add a real drive to the VM so add the nvme drive as a full drive.
Start the installation from the iso and only do the first part where it copies files to the disk when it asks you to reboot shut the VM off instead and reboot into your nvme and it will continue the installation and find all the drivers.

As always be very careful about choosing the correct drive.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
You should buy some USB anyway, always handy to have a spare and sure nice having a USB 3 one after years of USB 2 ones. Transfer speed on my USB faster than my mums hdd in her PC. Nice to have around for having copies of things you need.

They aren't that expensive anymore.