Installint Office 2007 on Windows 7 starter

SAW

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Hello,
I am installing Office 2007 on a dell minspirion mini with no optical drive. So i copied the disk to the hard drive and tried running the setup.exe using the administrator account and using different options of compatability. It always does the same thing. A dos window flashes open and then it closes and nothing more happens.

SAW

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I suspected that might be the problem.
I'm just setting up the mini for an older woman that travels alot but doesm't know anything about computers I've never had a need for an external, but it looks like a good time to get one.
Thank's for the help, much appreciated

SAW

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I got an external usb powered drive and it installed fine. I tried the office 2007 disk clicked the setup file and the same result occured. The dos window opens, a short line runs and it immediately closes and nothing else happens.

I tried every compatability setting including the reccomended and the results were the same.

Doesn't sound like a standard Office 2007 disk to me. Could it be a network edition? It's either that or the system has remembered previous install attempts and is throwing the same message as before. You'd need to look in the Registry at H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft and delete all the Office keys.

SAW

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Hello,
Sorry for the delay in replying.
I deleted the entries in the registry and tried again and got the same result.
The disk is an enterprise edition.
I gave up on the Office 2007 disk nd installed Office XP. It installed and worked fine.

Thank You for your help