• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Installling new ram gives me blue screen

Jul 13, 2020
I had recently bought a new ram, Avexir Core DDR3 8GB. I used to use 4 2gb ram sticks and now i changed to a 8gb ram stick the avexir one, but when i started my pc, it keeps getting blue screen, i did memtest86 on my ram and there was no errors, i also changed to my old ram and my pc was working fine, only getting blue screens when it was my new ram, can anyone help?

My motherboard is a gigabyte GA-P75-D3

Mario Italia

Great
Jul 12, 2020
Memory test won't detect some underlying issues unfortunately assuming you ran the extended test, first off try to install the faulty stick in another slot and see if it works to exclude any slot issues, if the problem still persists, then I'm afraid your new ram is defective in arrival, RMA and replace if it's under warranty.

Mario Italia

Great
Jul 12, 2020
I can see that your old ram works perfectly which means the new one is dead from the beginning and you can't fix a faulty ram, just rma it and replace.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS