InstallShield error 1628 when downloading FSX

hfyohv

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013
hi,
half a year ago I decided to uninstall FSX(Microsoft Flight Simulator X) because there was a bug. When I tried to reinstall it there where lots of problems, including the 1628 error. I tried literally EVERYTHING to solve it but none of it worked, so i restored my windows from 0. the 1628 problem in particular was solved. but when the installation of FSX was about to finish, there was long message saying basiclly that it couldnt be installed(but this time it wasnt an error of InstallShield(or yes?)), so I thought it was the disk or something. Last day I bought FSX proffesional edition thinking that this time worked, but when I tried to install it, The 1628 error came again.
I dont know what to do, i´ve literally tried EVERTHING(changing the foldername of InstallShield to InstallShield1,etc) and i am not restoring my computer again from 0.
Im really really REALLY ticked off now. Any ideas?
+is there a program that can substitute InstallShield?
thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Are you using a downloaded version of FSX or the physical commercial media that came in the box?

FSX is definitely compatible with Win 8. Have you had issues installing any other apps? Also, when installing FSX, is anything else trying to update itself in the background?

hfyohv

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

It is the physical commercial media licensed by microsoft. I think i havent got any other problems installing any other app, but im not sure, its a long time since i have downloaded something with Installshield( if you can give my a "test" app i cant tell you).
first time I was downloading REX essentials plus w/ overdrive (an add-on for FSX) from simmarket.com, I thought it could be that but I tried it again without anything else updating or downloading in the background but still the 1628 error appeared.

hfyohv

Honorable
Jun 27, 2013

I am downloading it to another user that I created and it works! (by the moment).
thanks for helping though.
I will choose you as answer when i finish the installation, because maybe still there can be problems (I hope not)