Instant Desktop

G

Can anyone tell me what this is "Instant Desktop" i know about the Asus instant desktop but this is something different. I noticed it today when going to "Show hidden icons" it seems to be a program that allows me to switch between different desktops. However i think it may be malicious as i have not installed it nor can i see where it is installed nor can i see a process for it in task manager.

Anyone know?

Thanks.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Some OEMs (Samsung, Acer, etc) offer these sorts of applications to allow a small Linux distro to be used in lieu of Windows (and the long boot times) to handle some tasks(web browser for example).

Are you using a brand name system with multiple pre-installed applications?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Then download and install malwarebytes (at malwarebytes.org). Be sure to update it before performing a full/complete scan Remove everything it finds.

BTW, what anti-virus program are you using? And, if this offending application listed in your Control Panel/Programs and Features list?

G

I did install drivers from a CD that came with the laptop but no apps that i can remember.

Thats the funny thing it doesnt show up in add/remove items, there is no systems process for it and it doesn't show up in MSCONFIG

G

Hi, yeah scanned it with Malware Bytes (which kept popping up saying it had blocked access to suspicious site through svchost.exe) found nothing, also scanned with Avast again found nothing.