[SOLVED] Instantly and Randomly, My Files Were Deleted?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2022
I had a folder, inside a subfolder, filled with pictures. I saved a pic to the subfolder and as soon as I did, both folder became totally empty except for the new image. I used recuva and restarted my computer and nothing changed.

Any idea what in the world happened?

Solution
I had a folder, inside a subfolder, filled with pictures. I saved a pic to the subfolder and as soon as I did, both folder became totally empty except for the new image. I used recuva and restarted my computer and nothing changed.

Run a chkdsk on the drive in question. It's entirely possible that the filesystem was corrupted by that last copy operation. Open a commandline window as administrator and type: chkdsk x: /f (replace the x with the actual drive letter you wish checked) Reboot when prompted. This will take a good while so just let it run to the end without interruption.

Run a chkdsk on the drive in question. It's entirely possible that the filesystem was corrupted by that last copy operation. Open a commandline window as administrator and type: chkdsk x: /f (replace the x with the actual drive letter you wish checked) Reboot when prompted. This will take a good while so just let it run to the end without interruption.

Solution
Feb 15, 2022
Bad keystrokes or bad mouse action that were not noticed at that exact moment?

Accidentally activated "invert selection" and did a delete of those files selected by the inversion?

Recycle bin no help?
the recycle bin was empty, i considered what you had said. I've decided to manually replace everything which will take some time but man does it suck lol.

Ill do this later to be sure and ill post here with an update to what I find out, thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.