Instantly SSD doesn't show up in BIOS and can't get into OS after 3.5 years

imperial93

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012
Hello
As i described in the title, my pc is 3.5 years old now and i have never get that problem before. Instantly I got BIOS on startup, I couldn't get into Operating System. When i looked to storage devices in BIOS, there was nothing detected. My first thought was the SATA cable was disconnected.

1-) I checked SATA cable, it looked tight but i connected it to other SATA3 ports (and all SATA ports including SATA2) one by one and tried to open my system after connecting each. That didn't work
2 I checked power cable between SSD and Power Supply, it looked tight but i connected it to other PSU slot, that didn't work also

Some guys with similar problem in internet are told to reinstall operating system. I'm going to try it next but I don't know how i install windows when there is no SSD that PC detects.

Is it SSD or is it just its cable? How can i know that?

What can i do now? Thanks for reading

Edit: I tried with a new SATA cable. It didn't work.

Edit2: This problem occured after hibernation. When trying to open after hibernate, pc did not open and this happened.

imperial93

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012

I'm going to try USB-SATA adapter as you said. If it doesn't work, its most likely SSD but if it does work,should i focus on motherboard sockets or what?
Thanks for your answer by the way

imperial93

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2012

I bought a new 120gb ssd, tried with it and systeem booted without problem. It was a dead disk i guess.

Sorry for late feedback, i completely forgot i didnt post here. I'm trying to pick your comment as a solution nothing happens i dont know why