Insufficient folder permissions (Dropbox + Curse Client + World of Warcraft)

Shadowsteppa

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015
I've read about people that sync their World of Warcraft addon folder through Dropbox, because they play WOW on 2 different computers.

So I googled it and made the symbolic link from my wow addon folder to the dropbox folder, but here's the problem:

When I try to update my addons through Curse client, it says that World of Warcraft has insufficient folder permissions for updating or installing addons. When I click the 'repair' button, it doesn't fix it.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Shadowsteppa

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Yeah that's a way to keep your addons updated on both machines, but the problem is, I want to sync my addon settings between 2 machines.
Like when I move a spell or a bar in bartender, I want it to move on the other machine as well (it's saved clientside)

Shadowsteppa

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Yeah, I think so. But I was hoping to avoid paying for that kind of service :) also, do they sync your addon settings as well?

Shadowsteppa

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Well I was hoping to avoid paying for it. I heard the dropbox sync thing worked for most people. The symbolic links themselves work for me, but when I try to update through curse client, the program doesn't have enough permission to access the folders, and I can't seem to get it running as administrator.