Insufficient Memory warning for Game

inconnaissable

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2016
(Before I say anything, I'm really sorry for my dumb question. I just really don't have any techie friends that I can ask this to.)

So I was thinking of installing this game and the minimum memory requirement is 4 GB. My PC do have 4 GB memory but when I check the system specs it says only 3.42 GB is usable.

I have installed this game before and I always get the insufficient memory warning. It still runs fine in the lowest setting. But a few weeks after installing the game the hard drive was damaged.

So what I was wondering is if the game was the source of the damage in the first place. (It (the PC) was hit shoved pretty hard against the wall too, so I'm not really sure what did the damage.) Does insufficient memory impact my computer's hard drive? And if it does in what way?

Solution
your pc never ever uses the amount of memory you "truly" have to save it for other stuff, depending on the usage it starts "giving you" more ram automatically, but in your case, you have pretty low memory. And yes it affects your hdd, without insufficient memory, your game will start reading and writing from the hdd, which make the game slower and ofc, kill the hdd faster. Good luck get more ram please.

ossieZx

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
your pc never ever uses the amount of memory you "truly" have to save it for other stuff, depending on the usage it starts "giving you" more ram automatically, but in your case, you have pretty low memory. And yes it affects your hdd, without insufficient memory, your game will start reading and writing from the hdd, which make the game slower and ofc, kill the hdd faster. Good luck get more ram please.

Reactions: inconnaissable
Solution