Insufficient system resources exist......

mark

Has anyone ever encountered an error while trying to set
security on a folder in NT4 that says "Insufficient system
resources exist to complete the operation"?

I am getting this error on any folder I try and set
permissions on. Even if it is a new folder in the root of
the drive. As soon as I click on the add button to add
user accounts to the directory permissions this error
comes up.

The account I am using has full admin rights. The drive is
NTFS. The system has plenty of ram and pagefile.

Does anybody know what is causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Yes it is related to a particular version of Anti-virus application.
Stop and restart the anti-virus application using the services app
on the PDC and try again. If it works then post your particular
version or get an updated version. There is at least one other
cause if that doesn't do it.

"Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone ever encountered an error while trying to set
> security on a folder in NT4 that says "Insufficient system
> resources exist to complete the operation"?
>
> I am getting this error on any folder I try and set
> permissions on. Even if it is a new folder in the root of
> the drive. As soon as I click on the add button to add
> user accounts to the directory permissions this error
> comes up.
>
> The account I am using has full admin rights. The drive is
> NTFS. The system has plenty of ram and pagefile.
>
> Does anybody know what is causing this and how to fix it?
>
> Thanks!

mark

Thanks for the tip! It worked perfectly. We are using
Norton AV Corp 7.6. We are upgrading to the newest verion
next month. Thanks again!

Cool glad to help. Thanks for the update.