'Insurgency: Sandstorm' Includes Console Support, Story Mode, Esports Capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenjitamura

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Insurgency: Sandstorm for the PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Big round of applause for a tech journalist that uses the term "PC" for more than just Windows! The game will support Windows, Linux/SteamOS, OSX, Xbox One, and Playstation 4.

I absolutely adore Insurgency and have 100+ hours logged into it but have only owned it since like November. I am going to insta-buy this sequel.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
It's a great game at a great price. Disappointed they are not keeping it on the source engine. As it sits now, it requires minimal horsepower to run decently. Mid range machines easily run over 100fps and the graphics are pretty good.

It can be fast paced or tactical and is pretty balanced. A good alternative to cod and battlefield without getting as hardcore and buggy as Arma.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009

That is mainly why I am disappointed. You would think they would just upgrade to the new source engine.

kenjitamura

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

That is mainly why I am disappointed. You would think they would just upgrade to the new source engine.

Actually the Source 2 engine still isn't available for anyone other than Valve. It hasn't been released yet but Valve went ahead and ported Dota 2 to it. No one's really sure when it will come because, well, it's Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.