[SOLVED] Intake Exhaust Fans

Jun 8, 2020
Hi everybody, I will actually use 2 fans on the kraken x63 as intake and 2 exhaust fans on the top and the back of my case (the case is the nzxt h510).Do you think that 3 fans(2 intake 1 exhaust) are enought?

Solution
I’m sorry.. anyway with this case i cant place 2 fans on the top, but one on the back side and only one on the top side.. that’s why i’m asking so much time the same thing, and i wanted to know if one on the back side is enought..

One fan is not enough.

I am waiting for delivery of a 500H, same case but without the NZXT lighting controller. It is a negative pressure case by design. The optimal cooling set up is no front fans, two exhaust fans at rear and top and no front fans using a cpu air cooler.

When front fans are installed they interfere with the natural heat convection and cause the gpu temps to increase. Just a single front fan will impede the intended airflow.

I know NZXT's product demos and information on the cases...

Lutfij

Titan
This is the third thread with teh same board but with a different AIO and fans. Might want to keep things concise on one thread instead of making your brain matter into spaghetti. I'm not joking, it's best if everyone chimed in one thread to help with solid suggestions.

That being said, if you have two fans at the top and two fans at the front, that makes 4 fans, not three.

With those 4 fans, and their orientation, you're fine.

Jun 8, 2020
I’m sorry.. anyway with this case i cant place 2 fans on the top, but one on the back side and only one on the top side.. that’s why i’m asking so much time the same thing, and i wanted to know if one on the back side is enought..

One fan is not enough.

I am waiting for delivery of a 500H, same case but without the NZXT lighting controller. It is a negative pressure case by design. The optimal cooling set up is no front fans, two exhaust fans at rear and top and no front fans using a cpu air cooler.

When front fans are installed they interfere with the natural heat convection and cause the gpu temps to increase. Just a single front fan will impede the intended airflow.

I know NZXT's product demos and information on the cases show the Kraken's on the front intake since it can't be mounted anywhere else. Thta's fine. But now you will be dumping the heat from the radiator into the case along with interrupting the natural convection of the negative pressure design.

With this in mind I would highly recommend a 140mm exhaust fan on the top and a 120mm on the rear. I'd prefer a 140mm on the rear too but it's limited to a 120mm.

It's a nice looking case and will work fine but just be aware of it's limitations.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTWYifGSUXs

Solution