Intake/Exhaust Setup with H60?

B3nchm4rk

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013
Ok, so I'm building my setup in a Thermaltake Overseer RX-I Full-Tower.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133194

Bought two 200mm fans from CM to fill the open spots, as well as an H60. I'm planning on simply putting the radiator where the pre-installed 120mm fan is, and moving the case's pre-installed 120mm fan to the bottom of the case. I was thinking...

Intake: 200mm Front, 200mm Side, 120mm Bottom, 120mm rad.

Exhaust: 2x 200mm Top

That's running with heat rises logic, but I've not personally dealt with LC setups before. So would that be the optimal setup? Suggestions if not?

Solution
The H80i is a better radiator, but use the push-pull configuration to exhaust out of the case. The case you have selected is a good one, and fairly quiet.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
Optimal setup, IMO is to run the 200 MM fans in the orientation that you describe and (get some longer screws) mod out the H60 into a push pull configuration with the air exhausting out the upper top of the case.

Corsair's original instructions to use the radiator fan as an intake makes no thermodynamic sense for overall system cooling. While using the radiator fan as intake it might bring cooler air into the case, but you heat up the case and cause inefficient airflow.

I have been running an Antec H620 for over two years modded out in the fashion described above and it rivals the Antec H920, Corsair 80 & 80i in cooling.

B3nchm4rk

Honorable
Apr 12, 2013

I actually decided on the H80i instead (It was on sale). I've been doing a ton of reading, and the case itself provides excellent intake with all the fans present, apparently. I'm gonna try setting the rad in the back as an exhaust. If I'm not satisfied, I'll experiment with using it as a bottom intake. Thoughts?