Intake fans for Corsair 400C

Andrej997

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Hello guys. It is my first time building my very own PC from scratch and i wanted to get some advice from you.
So im getting the Corsair Carbide 400C and i was planing to get 3 intake Corsair fans to go with it and 1 exhaust fan so my questions are these :
1) Are Corsair AF 120 better then SP 120 for INTAKE
2) AF 120 better then SP 120 for EXHAUST
3) The GPU ( STRIX RX 480 ) has 2x 4pin connectors on it and the fans have 3pin on them so can i connect them to the card

the Specs that will go into the case
CPU: AMD FX 8350 ( chosen for personal reasons i know an i5 6600k would have been better )
CPU Cooler : Hyper 212 EVO LED
GPU: Asus STRIX RX 480
MOBO: MSI 970 Gaming
RAM : 16GB G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3
HDD : WD Blue 1TB
SSD: 275GB Crucial MX300
PSU: Corsair Vengeance 650M

Solution
AF stands for air flow while SP stands for static pressure. The latter is better for radiators and heatsinks while the former is better for case airflow fans. The downside to the previously sold AF and SP fans are that they have horrible reliability in them due to lack of QC. They can end up rattling and then breaking their own fan blades in the process with the fan blades brushing up against the fan housing.

You can connect fans off the GPU header but they will be controlled by the GPU.

* Corsair has yet to announce a Vengeance series PSU in their lineup...how did you get a hold of one?

Lutfij

Titan
AF stands for air flow while SP stands for static pressure. The latter is better for radiators and heatsinks while the former is better for case airflow fans. The downside to the previously sold AF and SP fans are that they have horrible reliability in them due to lack of QC. They can end up rattling and then breaking their own fan blades in the process with the fan blades brushing up against the fan housing.

You can connect fans off the GPU header but they will be controlled by the GPU.

* Corsair has yet to announce a Vengeance series PSU in their lineup...how did you get a hold of one?

Solution

Andrej997

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015

The PSUs are sometime on the market since im buying from Germany here is their site http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/650-Watt-Corsair-Vengeance-650M-Modular-80--Bronze_1031391.html