Question Intake or exhaust AIO

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
Hello, I'm planning to replace my stock air cooler with an AIO soon but I don't know whether to set the fans as intake or exhaust. See, my ambient temp are great which is why I'd rather set the fans as intake so my CPU doesn't run hot but then I will only have 1 exhaust fan. I currently have 6 fans; 3 intake 3 exhaust. If I mount it on the top as intake, I have 1 exhaust, if I mount it on the front I'll have 1 mismatched fan which will look like crap because I don't want touse my current fans for cooling a rad ( they're not the best fans). I can set top fans as intake and flip the front fans as exhaust but that too, will look like crap. Please help.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Why do you even need 3 exhausts? What is your case?

The general layout is more intakes than exhausts to maintain positive pressure. Depending on your case i'd set the AIO in the front as intake and have one rear exhaust & one top exhaust.

What is the make/model of your case?
What is the cpu you need to cool?

Are you now having a problem with cpu cooling?

Without knowing more, I think the safest is a top mount with exhausting out the top.
Pair with a good set of front intake fans.

USAFRet

Titan
I can set top fans as intake and flip the front fans as exhaust but that too, will look like crap. Please help.
In the front/bottom, out the top/back

Cases are designed for this. Don't try to do it backwards.
Unless you have some very odd case that is designed for a different airflow.

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
What is the make/model of your case?
What is the cpu you need to cool?

Are you now having a problem with cpu cooling?

Without knowing more, I think the safest is a top mount with exhausting out the top.
Pair with a good set of front intake fans.
I have a 3700X in the Musetex phantom 903 d6
Right now my temps are in the 45-50c range and max of 80c during heavy multi threaded load.
I prefer my idles to be lower thats why I want to upgrade my cooler

eekpeek

Commendable
May 20, 2020
Why do you even need 3 exhausts? What is your case?

The general layout is more intakes than exhausts to maintain positive pressure. Depending on your case i'd set the AIO in the front as intake and have one rear exhaust & one top exhaust.
Right now I'm getting the best temps with even exhaust and intake. I don't want to mount the rad in the front because the rad is 240m and I have 3 fans in the front meaning I'm going to have 1 separate mismatched fan. I'm using the Musetex Phantom 903 D6 Case