Build Advice Intake or Exhaust on top?

Apr 28, 2019
steamcommunity.com
Hey guys. I bought a pair of corsair fans for my radiator and i want to use one fan that came with it. Should i install it on #1 location ~4-5 centimeters behind that intake fan or should i install it on #2 as exhaust/intake? The fan i will install is the same with that green one on the drawing. I gave the fan's specs so we can do maths

My case looks pretty much like this: https://prnt.sc/njmrp3
zEarCoG.png

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Your picture shows you would probably have a negative pressure if you only have a single intake fan in the front. If that is true, I would put that as an intake to provide airflow around the CPU. The front intake will provide air for the graphic card exhaust.

Apr 28, 2019
steamcommunity.com
Your picture shows you would probably have a negative pressure if you only have a single intake fan in the front. If that is true, I would put that as an intake to provide airflow around the CPU. The front intake will provide air for the graphic card exhaust.
yes thats also my concern but i dont have extra room to install it to the front side. i can only install it to the top or behind the front intake

kanewolf

Titan
Nature makes hot air go up, if u do otherwise you are fighting nature and makes your airflow inefficient (takes more effort to move hot air downwards).
With the exhaust from the radiator right behind, you would get a flow from the top to back that is pretty direct. I think you will have limited airflow if both the radiator and the top are exhaust, because they won't have any source air to move.

Apr 28, 2019
steamcommunity.com
With the exhaust from the radiator right behind, you would get a flow from the top to back that is pretty direct. I think you will have limited airflow if both the radiator and the top are exhaust, because they won't have any source air to move.
and i guess the top "exhaust" fan can redirect the air to itself so there will be less airflow on the radiator which can cause less cooling

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts