Intake\Outtake for this setup?

ConorG

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
I have the define r4 and I have the two fans that come with it (intake in front, outtake in back) my upper pcie slot is fried and I have to use the bottom for my gpu now. I was thinking intake in front, side, and two outtakes next to each other in the top corner.

Thoughts?

pnUSXm0Yj

Solution
What is your cpu and gpu?

My suggestion is to move the included rear 140mm fan to the front as a second intake and see how that works.
Whatever air comes in will exit someplace.
A big benefit is that all your intake air will be filtered, keeping your case cleaner.
At most add a rear exhaust mainly to direct airflow.
If you have too strong exhaust, it will draw in unfiltered air from nearby openings destroying the cleansing action of the front filter.

Tumeden

Honorable
Oct 15, 2016
Intake on Front/Sides
Exhaust Back/Top

Never have intake on back or top, or exhaust on front - usually works against component fans such as GPU/PSU

If you're saying two outtakes next to each other in the back corner (or top), then yes for sure, sounds like good airflow.

What is your cpu and gpu?

My suggestion is to move the included rear 140mm fan to the front as a second intake and see how that works.
Whatever air comes in will exit someplace.
A big benefit is that all your intake air will be filtered, keeping your case cleaner.
At most add a rear exhaust mainly to direct airflow.
If you have too strong exhaust, it will draw in unfiltered air from nearby openings destroying the cleansing action of the front filter.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS