Intake vs Exhaust fans?

Jul 12, 2018
I'm attempting to build my own computer, and with the help of the forums, I know all the components I am getting. The only thing which I am not too sure on though is the case fans.
Im using the InWin 101 case, which supports 6 fans (1 rear, 3 bottom, 2 front/side)
So, how should I layout my fans to get the best possible airflow?
I was thinking, all fans except the rear should be intake, then the rear be the only source of an exhaust... but will this work how I imagine it or will there not be enough air moving out of the case

Dino Dubravcevic

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
The only thing to think about is if you want more dust in your PC (by having all intake bottom +front fans).

If you dont want dust in it after some time, you might set bottom fans to exaust. I still didnt see where the PSU is, i suppose it is besides the bottom fans to the left.

Ok i now Googled the case. Since by factory defaults it meant for them to cool your gpu from the bottom, I'd go for that. But than again it all depends on to where you want dust to go.

Jul 12, 2018
The PSU is in the top left, so is actually an extra exhaust. And also, by setting the bottom fans to exhaust, this will create hot pockets (due to hot air rising) am i correct? Would it be better to use a watercooled cpu cooler, which makes the front fans an exhaust?