[SOLVED] Integrated GPU works until Windows starts to load --- then no signal.

Nigel Thornberry11

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
Hi guys,

I am trying to launch my pc without my gpu (which I’ve done numerous times in the past as my gpu has been sent back and forth multiple times for warranty claim with manufacturer), though this time my pc launches up to windows loading, then screen goes black and ‘No Signal’ shows on monitor.

I’ve never previously never had to to anything after removing gpu, just remove it with psu unplugged and my pc launches with integrated graphics automatically when restarting. I’ve never had to go into bios to enable integrated graphics manually, but due to it failing to launch to windows this time I tried to manually which results in an error..

My mobo is Asus Strix Z370-i ITX. I have tried simple troubleshooting steps recommended by most similar ‘no signal’ issues, such as making sure cables are fine etc.

I’ve noticed there’s an orange LED that won’t go away (researching states this is standby led for successful power supply to mobo), but it was never present before when my pc was on with gpu or no gpu in?

Probably a very easy fix, but everything I’m finding online is not specific for having no gpu installed.

Please help! Thanks :)

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Going back a step:

"I’ve noticed there’s an orange LED that won’t go away (researching states this is standby led for successful power supply to mobo), but it was never present before when my pc was on with gpu or no gpu in?"

Try to find some additional sources that confirm or otherwise explain the meaning of that orange LED.

Could the color be yellow?

Nigel Thornberry11

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2016
Turns out it was a windows update that corrupted the OS - solution was I had to reinstall windows using repair tool at launch, managed to keep all my files and only had to reinstall programs + games.

Very happy with this outcome to be honest, as I thought it was much worse like a busted component.

Hope this helps any others out there, cheers for the help.