[SOLVED] integrated graphic card problem

zarkann

Honorable
Mar 28, 2016
Hi,

i have recently flashed the bios to the latest upgrade (3006) on my motherboard and I have also reinstalled windows 10 completely. Everything works just fine but when i restart the PC, for a certain amount of time (usually between 5 and 30 seconds), Windows seem to think that i dont have my RTX drivers installed, the screen resolution is low (maybe at 1280x720. In the past, i dont think i ever seen the integrated video card in the device manager, but now i see it. In the past, i never had this problem with the eactly same hardware. The problem is that i flashed the bios and they removed my configuration so i had to redo it.

I have disabled the integrated graphic in the bios and ensured that i switched the igpu config to PEG and i dont see anything related to memory dedication or anything. I do not have anything plugged in the HDMI port of the integrated video.

I have also disabled the Intel graphic in the device manager but i still have the screen resolution problem. Also as a note, i sometime see the intel graphic under display adapters in the device manager and sometime i dont see it, like right now i dont see it.

I have installed just now Asus GPU tweak II and when the computer start, it complains that there's no video card, i can start it just fine once the screen resolution change itself up after that 30 sec.

Note2: i do not have any other Asus software (armoury crate) installed since i never had it before in the first place.

specs
Motherboard : Asus z390-h gaming
CPU : i7 8900
video card : Asus Geforce RTX 2080
Monitors : 2xSamsung 4k 28inch monitors

Could someone please help me with this, its very annoying.

thanks much !!

Solution
Well, i was able to fix it myself, thanks to the two posts i have found on the Nvidia forums !

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...ot-loading-until-after-wiindow-login/#5856564

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/280283/nvdia-driver-not-starting-after-boot/

These explain exactly the problem I was facing with my PC. It make sense since as I said before, the BIOS was reset after I flashed it. this "Hyper M.2X16" setting was enabled by default but I probably had it disabled before the flash. As I only have one SSD, i disabled it and BINGO, computer is even running much faster (something i didnt even realized before now).

I have rebooted the PC several times and the...

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version were you on prior to flashing to the latest version? Did you make sure to run the ME update tool around the time it was released(as shown on the support list, here)? I'd revert the iGPU option that you'd disabled in BIOS, work with default settings. You will also need to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age. By reinstalling, where did you source the installer for the OS? Speaking of Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on?

Manually install all drivers relevant to your platform, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

zarkann

Honorable
Mar 28, 2016
Hi, here's the answers

What BIOS version were you on prior to flashing to the latest version?
I think i had version 2606, i know it was pretty old and probably flashed at the time i bought the motherboard.

Did you make sure to run the ME update tool around the time it was released(as shown on the support list, here)?
Unfortunately, i am not sure what this is about. i have not run any Asus product since i probably installed the hardware back in 2019, no upgrades etc..

I'd revert the iGPU option that you'd disabled in BIOS, work with default settings.
I can revert to 'Auto' but even then the screen resolution is messed up when Windows start.

You will also need to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age.

PSU is Corsair RM750x bought at the same time as the motherboard back in 2019. The computer has worked perfectly fine until i flashed the bios and reinstalled windows.

By reinstalling, where did you source the installer for the OS? Speaking of Windows 10, what version(not edition) are you on?

Source is Microsoft, installed from USB. Version is 21H2
In fact here's the details :
Edition : Windows 10 Pro
Version : 21H2
OS Build : 19044.1348
Experience : Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.

Windows is activated with an OEM license linked to my Microsoft account

Manually install all drivers relevant to your platform, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

This was done for all drivers (including the Nvidia driver.

thanks for the quick response !

zarkann

Honorable
Mar 28, 2016
Well, i was able to fix it myself, thanks to the two posts i have found on the Nvidia forums !

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...ot-loading-until-after-wiindow-login/#5856564

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/280283/nvdia-driver-not-starting-after-boot/

These explain exactly the problem I was facing with my PC. It make sense since as I said before, the BIOS was reset after I flashed it. this "Hyper M.2X16" setting was enabled by default but I probably had it disabled before the flash. As I only have one SSD, i disabled it and BINGO, computer is even running much faster (something i didnt even realized before now).

I have rebooted the PC several times and the video driver load prior to launching the desktop and perfectly fine.

Thanks.

Solution