Integrated Graphics and Dedicated Graphics

OP_Chief

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
Sorry I'm a bit of a noob, I've been using the same pc for about 5 years. It had an Intel Core 2 duo @3ghz and only 2gb ddr2 800mhz ram with an EVGA 8800gts. I did very little gaming on it. But Within the past week, I've acquired my new pc parts aside from a new gpu, and a new power supply(Although I have one that does the job) In my new pc I have an i7-4790k @ stock speeds and 8gb of ddr3 1866mhz ram. I've downloaded minecraft/Feed the Beast to pass time, and I've noticed, that the CPU Seems to not be able to handle it. I set my render distance to Far (16 Chunks) and I do get around 60 fps, but it seems choppy. I'll get huge lag spikes here and there, and a lot of times, I'll get whole chunks that just won't load. I'll refresh chunks, still no solution. I installed windows on my pc yesterday, and updated some drivers. I do still have the old EVGA 8800 gts I could use. I'm using Integrated graphics 4600 at the moment, and in this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q78iWrusgB8 Video, he uses the same processor with the same Integrated graphics, but gets alot better fps, and his chunks load with ease. Also, in the Video, he runs everything on Maxed out Fancy settings, where as I can barely run them on Fast. So I guess my main question is, Do I not have some Driver installed? Or Is it that i'm using integrated graphics? Is my Java not correct in some way? Or is it something else?

OP_Chief

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

I'm a little short on money at the moment, but do you think a GTX 750 ti would run it well??

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Is your power supply Haswell compliant? I know it's a little off topic, but you mentioned you're using your old PSU. Using an old non-haswell PSU sounds like a good way to have issues......
They PSU you're looking it is a fine unit, hope that's the first purchase you make, not the second.
I have several EVGA units, swear by them.

OP_Chief

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015

The power supply I'm using at the moment is a Thermaltake Toughpower 850w. I do plan on buying an EVGA G2 850W soon.

TRENDING THREADS