[SOLVED] integrated graphics card replacement questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2021
Ok so I was wondering if my motherboard has a PCI-E slot or an APG slot. If the Nvidia NVS 3100M is integrated. If I install a PCI-E GPU or an APG GPU would my MOBO read that over the NVIDIA NVS 3100M? I don't know if its integrated or not though so that is one of the problems. But I was wondering if this is correct. Would I need to remove my NVIDIA NVS 3100M if its integrated or will my mobo read PCI-E or - APG without removing it. I think it is integrated though because of its tethered to the CPU. But if you could help me that would be great. Its my 1st time so I could use some help but its a laptop so I was wondering also if PC or Laptop we're a different process. I read about this stuff https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-do-you-replace-an-integrated-graphic-card.338773/ from that link I hope you don't mind i hyperlinked one of your threads. I thought if I hyperlinked it and you read it you could clarify the same information I'm using from that thread. i want to make sure I am to look at my motherboard to see if I have an APG Slot or Any PCI-E slot. I thought this would be a good place for information since a lot of these threads about technology give pretty good and helpful information. So I was wondering if it is the same for PC and Laptop or a different process but that's some of the same information from the thread I linked above. They helped him out with PC and I was talking about what they said on that thread remember its a laptop so if its a different process correct me on what I said here. Oh yeah if I do have PCI-E slot how do I know what size I need for what will fit the slot.

matthijsv98

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
I had the NVS 5100m on my laptop, the max upgrade you can get is to 5400m, but it's not any performance difference and you're talking about precision soldering, so unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't reccomend any upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.