[SOLVED] Integrated graphics not working

Feb 9, 2021
Hello everyone! I would like to know the reason why my integrated graphics aren't working. When I plug my monitor into the VGA slot of my motherboard's I/O, I don't get an output. It doesn't show up in task manager, and in device manager I can't see it as well. I am using a PCI-E graphics card, could that be the reason? Thanks!
SPECS:
Motherboard: ASRock H61m-DGS R2.0
CPU: i7-3770K
GPU: GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 1050Ti
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

Reactions: punkncat

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Hello everyone! I would like to know the reason why my integrated graphics aren't working. When I plug my monitor into the VGA slot of my motherboard's I/O, I don't get an output. It doesn't show up in task manager, and in device manager I can't see it as well. I am using a PCI-E graphics card, could that be the reason? Thanks!
SPECS:
Motherboard: ASRock H61m-DGS R2.0
CPU: i7-3770K
GPU: GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 1050Ti
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz

In some cases the motherboard itself will 'disable' the onboard when you have a discrete GPU. In some cases this is a setting in BIOS that you can tell it to do so automatically or set it yourself. I have had boards that would allow use of it while using discrete, and others that wouldn't. Not sure if it's a function of chipset or not...

Have you tried powering down, removing the GPU, and seeing if it will utilize iGPU when you power up the next round?