Oct 18, 2019
Hey guys I'm trying to run dual monitors for my build and have hit a few snags. I have the MSI B450-A Pro MB running with a Ryzen 5 2600 CPU and a GTX 1050ti GPU.
My question is, what is the best way to go about running Dual Monitors?
My main focus is going to be running applications like Adobe but also DAW's like Reaper and Pro Tools. I play a little bit of games but it's mainly a working computer. My goal is to have one monitor displaying my editing software and the other display either reference footage or final displays.
I would like to run off of just hdmi's but at the moment I can only run one monitor because the motherboard HDMI is useless as my CPU doesn't have integrated graphics.

So my solution as I see it seems to be either getting a secondary graphics card or buying the Ryzen 5 3400G CPU.
My only complaint is that the CPU I have is a 6 core 12 thread while the 3400g is 4 and 8. Also my CPU is better in overall speeds.
But if I get a second GPU will it even work? My secondary PCI-E is a 2.0 x4.

Solution
Just run both monitors off the 1050Ti. No need to make things complicated. Plenty of video buffer to go around.

Yes, if you installed a graphics card in the 4x slot it would work. Still PCIe, just less bandwidth, and cards like the 1050Ti would be fine at PCIe 4x.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just run both monitors off the 1050Ti. No need to make things complicated. Plenty of video buffer to go around.

Yes, if you installed a graphics card in the 4x slot it would work. Still PCIe, just less bandwidth, and cards like the 1050Ti would be fine at PCIe 4x.

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I'm not sure what you mean.

If you want to duplicate a screen, that is easily done from Windows. Stretching? As in having a desktop span multiple monitors. More or less the default in Windows.

Is the problem a lack of HDMI ports? They do make adapters. DP to HDMI, DVI to HDMI.